Did you just get engaged? Why not look at a destination wedding? Destination weddings have a lot of perks, including less stress in my opinion and who doesn’t want that on their wedding day?
A little about me. I have been married a few times now. I had the traditional wedding with a couple hundred guests the first time. It was nice. It was stressful! It was expensive! We didn’t go on a honeymoon because the wedding was so expensive! I recently got married again and we wanted something simple on a beach. I ended up picking my favorite beach in Florida and set out to find a condo to rent and a wedding planner to take care of details. It was amazing! All I had to to do was go get our license and let the hair and make up lady do her magic. We had a little glitch with our license and the planning took care of everything and talked me down.
So let’s talk about all the benefits of a destination wedding.
- It can be cheaper. Depending on how many rooms/guests you get the bride and groom could be free! There may also be some added values depending on how many rooms/guests you book. Many weddings are at All Inclusive resorts so all food and drinks are covered in the price. You can also get married on a cruise ship!
- It is a wedding and honeymoon all combined so it can be a lot cheaper and a lot less planning.
- Beautiful pictures. A lot of these resorts specialize in weddings and have beautiful locations for the ceremony and locations around the resort for pictures.
- You get to relax! I can’t stress that one enough. Between your travel agent and on site planner you don’t have a lot to do.
- Spend time with friends and family. That is one thing that almost never happens during a wedding! This will most likely be a smaller group so you get to spend time making great memories before and after the wedding with everyone there.
- Great resorts! No matter who is coming there will be plenty for them to do. Many resorts have a lot of activities for kids, activities for more active guests and great pools and beaches for those who want to do nothing. Same with cruise ships, something for everyone.
Remember that a destination wedding doesn’t have to be in the Caribbean! You can get married in the mountains, Hawaii, FL, on a cruise ship, Thailand and many other options! You pick the destination of your dreams!
Call me to help you plan your perfect destination wedding! I can help you find the right location/resort for you and all your guests as well as find you the best values.
Using a travel agent will cost you nothing but can save you money and a lot of time!